- Manager’s Messages
High Rise Building Fire Safety
California is currently dealing with deadly wildfires, and while the fires are fortunately not in our area, we’d like to provide useful safety reminders for High Rise Building Fire Safety:
- Know the Plan – Make sure you are familiar with Luma’s evacuation plan. Our safe refuge area (the location we would meet if an evacuation occurred) is the corner of 11th and Grand Ave. (by the Starbucks). Please make sure you are also familiar with the nearest stairwells in cases of emergencies.
- Stay Low – Smoke from a fire is toxic and deadly no matter what kind of structure you live in. Make sure to stay as low as possible and try to go under the smoke when evacuating.
- Seal Yourself in for Safety – If you can’t exit the building due to smoke or fire in the hallway, call the fire department to report your exact location and gather in a room with a window. Close all doors between you and the fire. Use duct tape or towels to create a seal around the door and over air vents in order to keep the smoke from coming in.
- Stay by the Window – If windows can be opened and you must have air, open the window. Break windows only as a last resort as they will become inoperable.
- Signal to firefighters – Wave a flashlight or light-colored cloth at the window to let the fire department know where you are located.
You can find more general information at (cut and paste): https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Staying-safe/Safety-in-living-and-entertainment-spaces/High-rise-buildings.
There are two notifications:
The first is for Sept. 17, 18, 21 and 22 from 5AM to 11:59PM at 1200 S. Hope St.
The second is for Sept. 24 from 7AM to 10PM at 1144 S. Hope St. There will be no parking on the East side of Hope St. between 11th and 12th St. for this day. Please see the attached flyer for details of the productions.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at (213) 742-0387.
The pool and spa service times for the pool contractor are Monday, Wednesday and Friday with an expected arrival time for these days between 8:00am – 8:30am. The service takes approximately 45 – 60 minutes.
Please do not enter the pool or spa while it is being serviced. If you are in the pool or spa please temporarily exit the water so the service can be completed and the service personnel can thenquickly move on to the next pool on their route.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Dear Luma Residents,
Recently, we communicated that a new event location was proposing to open at 1036 S. Grand Ave, around the corner from Luma. Since then, we’ve received additional information, including the attached document. The presentation describes the project as an upscale entertainment venue with live performances and delineates the planned hygienic safety features.
Please take a few moments to review the attached file Neighborhood Presentation for the details.If you have concerns, or want hear more about this project, we strongly encourage you to attend the virtual hearing (phone only, no video) this Monday, August 10th at 9:30am. This is your opportunity to express any concerns you may have about such a development in the neighborhood. Instructions for attending and participating in the hearing are in the attached file, AGENDA. Link to map of 1036 S. Grand Ave. https://goo.gl/maps/xg95iUmZSNMSAPhz9 (copy and paste in your browser)
Dear Luma Residents,
Vehicles are being stolen at an alarming rate in the Downtown area. Please exercise caution when parking your vehicles outside of the parking garage. Make sure to never keep personal belongings in your vehicle and to ensure that your vehicle is locked and windows are closed before leaving.
South Park BID Clean & Safe Services
The South Park BID is a great resource. Residents may contact the BID’s Safety team by calling 866-560-9346 if you find yourself in a non-emergency safety situation. They can provide assistance with outreach to individuals experiencing homeless, and they can be an escort if you need to get safely to another destination. Residents may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for the BID’s Clean team to remove trash in the district, remove graffiti, stickers, and posters, and more. Please see the attached notice from BID to see what other great services they provide.
We have received information that there are plans to build a night club next to Ten50 (1050 S Grand Ave). There is a virtual hearing that will be held to discuss the project on Monday, August 10th at 9:30AM.
Virtual Public Hearing Instructions
Public Hearing participants should dial by phone: (213) 338-8477 or (669) 900-9128
When prompted, enter Meeting ID of: 958 1741 4843#
General Information: https://planning.lacity.org/pdiscaseinfo/search/encoded/MjM1NjI10
All correspondence to City Planning should be forwarded to the following staff person: Jojo Pewsawang at email@example.com
We encourage you to attend should you have any concerns or questions in regards to the project.