- Welcome to Luma
Welcome to Luma
Dear Luma Residents,
STAIRWELL #1 OPEN 9AM TO 5PM – Starting tomorrow, April 3rd, As an alternative to using the elevators, stairwell #1 (south stairwell) will be open for use between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Please read the below procedures for using the stairwell and follow instructions from staff if you should be contacted by them.
4TH FLOOR AMENITIES – There are new guidelines for using the 4th Floor Pool/Terrace amenities. Please follow all instructions when you are using the amenities.
If you should have any questions, please contact the front desk staff. Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging time.
Unlocked Stairwell COVID-19 Procedures/Posting
1. Hours this stairwell will be unlocked as an alternate route are – 9am to 5pm.
2. Only south stairwell #1 will be unlocked. Please make sure you allow enough time to reach your floor before it is locked at 5pm. If you do get caught in the stairwell after 5pm, you will need to walk down to the first floor, taking an elevator to your floor.
3. Only exit on your floor.
4. Use at your own risk.
5. Use extreme caution to avoid slipping or falling on the stairs.
6. Hold the railings for safety and sanitize hands immediately after using the stairs.
7. Keep at least 6′ from other people on the stairs. People going up should give way to people coming down. Announce your presence and step into the airlock (space between with two doors between the stairwell and any of the floors) allowing the descending person to past at a safe distance.
8. Do not linger in groups on the stair landings, airlocks, entry to the floor etc.
9. No exercising in the open stairwell. Heavy breathing will increase particulates and could increase exposure to you and others.
10. Listen to all instructions from staff. If they do not recognize you, they may ask you for your name and unit number. Please wait a safe distance while your information is confirmed with the front desk.
11. The stairs are temporarily open for access convenience during the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak, and will be relocked at a future date.
4th Floor Pool/Terrace COVID-19 Procedures/Posting
1. Use amenities at your own risk.
2. If you are ill, please stay home.
3. We strongly advise no non-essential guests be brought to the building and/or the 4th floor pool/terrace area.
4. Please work with other residents in sharing these amenities.
5. Keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) or greater between all persons.
6. Do not touch your face, eyes, mouth, nose.
7. Sanitize hands immediately after using these amenities.
8. No more than two lap swimmers in the pool at a time.
9. Maintain social distancing standards while wading in the pool.
10. Limit the number of people in the spa to the number of people in your unit. If you are not from the same unit, practice social distancing, no more than 2 people.
11. Follow instructions from staff.
12. Association may close the 4th floor amenity, or portions thereof, without further notice if it is deemed in the best interest of both communities.
Dear Luma Residents,
Luma HOA has contracted with Chamberlin Building Services, Inc. to perform our window and building wash starting this Monday, March 30, 2020.
Note – This time around the patio/balcony, balcony windows and building exterior walls will be washed.
On Monday, March 30, 2020, Chamberlin will begin cleaning Stack 01 (units ending in 01).
Upon completion of Stack 01, they will proceed west (toward Hope St.) to Stack 02. As shown on the schedule, Chamberlin will then begin Stack 04 (facing Hope St.) and will continue moving north to complete Stacks 06, 08, 10, 12, 14 & 16. They will then move east to complete Stack 16 and begin cleaning Stack 15. Once Stack 15 is completed on the east side of the building facing the Terrace, Chamberlin will then begin Stack 03 (facing the Pool) and proceed north to complete Stacks 05, 07, 09, 11 and 13. Chamberlin’s goal is to complete one stack per day and complete the entire building by Thursday, April 30, 2020. Please keep in mind this is an approximate date of completion.
For additional information see detailed schedule posted in the mail room.
Dear Luma Residents,
In our combined efforts to minimize possible exposure to COVID-19 thru social distancing, we ask everyone to follow below guidelines:
• Please stay in your home, going out only if it is absolutely essential. Minimizing traffic within the elevators and lobby will reduce possible exposure at these pinch points, which ultimately benefits everyone.
• Under normal situations, Staff regularly interacts with countless residents during the course of a days’ work. This of course increases exposure to our staff and our residents. To reduce this exposure, we ask that you minimize your contact as much as possible with staff. If a task is not essential or you can accomplish it thru emails, we encourage you take these alternate routes.
• Packages are not only handled by staff but by carrier personnel and delivery people that visit countless communities within the Los Angeles area. To help minimize this exposure, we ask you keep your deliveries to just the essentials. We know with all this down time it is tempting to get caught up on your online shopping but the exposure from these packages is simply not worth obtaining that nonessential item.
• If you need to take your dog(s) for a walk, we ask you use the back-alley gate rather than the lobby. The gate is large and allows easier social distancing than the lobby. We typically do not suggest pedestrians use the alley gate, but under this unprecedented time we feel this is in the better interest of everyone. For security purposes, please report anyone that looks suspicious hanging around any of our gates.
• In the best interest of the community the Gym facility is temporarily closed until further notice. The terrace, pool and spa will remain open however the California Department of Public Health recommends that you practice social distancing when possible (6 feet of space between individuals).
• We are developing on a day-to-day basis contingency plans for various scenarios. Under the best of conditions, Luma operates a very limited staff. Just one employee missing due to an illness has a dramatic effect on the day-today operations. To have several employees under quarantine would be a severe operational challenge. To plan for this possibility, we are looking for resident volunteers that have certain skill sets unique to high-rise maintenance and care. If you are willing, have the time, and possess any of the below experience, we ask that you email Management the days and times you are available, what experiences you have and the extent of that experience, listing all your contact information. For instance – While attending college for 4 years I worked as a plumber’s assistant/journeyman handling various drain cleaning equipment and fixture repair replacement. The best number you can reach me at is ———. Management will reach out to you if more information is needed.
3. Mechanical Building – Boilers, PRV, various HVAC systems, Building Control Systems, Pumps and valves of various sizes, types and functions, Fire Life Safety and pool/spa maintenance
4. Front Desk – Concierges, customer relations/services
5. Cleaning, particular training in sanitizing and PEP
7. Management – Project Management and/or Certified Property Management
As you probably all know by now, the Governor of the State of California has issued an order that mandates all but essential services to remain at home. Please note that our services are categorized as essential and our operations will continue.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL CHANGES
Elevator Safety Etiquette – We are limiting 4 people to each elevator. Please follow Elevator Safety Etiquette and stand at opposite sides of the elevators.
FOOD DELIVERIES IN THE LOBBY
Please pick up your food deliveries at the Lobby. At this point, we are trying to minimize contact with people outside of the community. Please note, the Front Desk will not accept these food deliveries on behalf of residents. Drivers will be instructed to call you upon arrival, they can leave your food on a temporary table we’ve set up in the lobby if that’s your preference.
We are currently restricting non-essential vendors from accessing residential floors.
We have moved the furniture in the lobby to prevent residents from congregating near the front desk and near each other.
MAYOR ERIC GARCETTI ISSUES “SAFER AT HOME” ORDER FOR LOS ANGELES
What you need to know:
FIRE/LIFE/SAFETY TRAINING AND FIRE DRILL
These have both been cancelled until further notice.
Plumbers have been inundated with calls. We would like to remind you to please take care when flushing items down the toilet. Many people are using disposable disinfectant wipes on a regular basis, however, these wipes should never be flushed down the toilet, even though the label may state they are ‘flushable’. Only toilet paper should be flushed down a toilet.
If you need any assistance with groceries or other items, we may be able to help so please contact the front desk (213) 742-0387. Some residents who are home at this time have offered to provide assistance to others if needed. If you are interested or available please contact the front desk and we will add you to the list.
EV CHARGING UPDATE
EverCharge is working hard to get this project up and running. Currently this project is in the plan check phase with the Los Angeles Department of Building Services (LADBS). Once permits are in hand, and Los Angeles Department of Water and Power gives EverCharge the green light, we should have a clearer idea how long it will take to complete this project. We will provide updates as they become available.
Thank you and stay well.