- Manager’s Messages
Dear Luma Residents,
Register to Vote
Register to vote or update your address so you can vote on important South Park Issues. You can register online at covr.sos.ca.gov October 19th is the deadline.
Crane and Noise Expected Tomorrow
On Saturday September 26 starting at 6am until probably 4-6pm that same day, Evo has scheduled a crane to move equipment to the roof so they can complete plumbing repairs. The crane will be parked on Grand Avenue and noise is expected for the duration. [Evo tried to schedule during a weekday but didn’t get approval from the DOT.]
Wearing your face covering in public protects others
Face coverings are still required in all of the common areas of the building including the elevators. Wearing a mask or cloth face covering can slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting the release of virus into the air. It also shows you care about the health of your neighbors.
If you have been diagnosed with the Covid-19 virus, please report it to management.
Poolside Dinner and a Movie at the JW Marriott
Fridays and Saturdays from now until October 24th. Please visit website for details (cut and paste) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/poolside-dinner-a-movie-series-at-la-live-weekends-through-102420-tickets-121292829117?aff=erelexpmlt Thank you and have a great weekend!
| REGULATION #4 TESTING Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 30 On Wednesday, September 30th, 2020, from 7:30am – 5:00pm, Gene Pira, Inc., in conjunction with LUMA HOA management and engineering team will be performing the Los Angeles Fire Department’s mandatory Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – “Testing of Fire Protection Equipment”. |
Again, this testing will commence Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 at 7:30am with no noise testing until 9:00am. After 9:00am “no noise period will end” testing that involves the sounding of alarms and/or announcements over the public address system will commence.
Please be advised:
• Testing the roll down gates (fire gates) on all parking levels between Elleven and Luma will begin at 10:00am and last until approximately 11:00am. The gates descend rapidly and will not stop once they begin. Please take extreme caution when in the vicinity of these gates as you can suffer serious bodily injury and/or death, and your vehicle will sustain severe damage if the gates drop while under them. Please abide by the instructions of testing personnel, who may be at the gate areas during the testing period and posted signs as well. Exercise extreme caution in the garage during the testing period. Please make note of the testing time for the gates.
• The emergency power system for the building will be tested at 11:00am causing a temporary interruption of electrical service to your unit. As a precautionary measure, please backup all computers programs, documents and data, and shut-off all electronic devices (TV’s, IPODS, IPADS, computers, monitors, etc.). It is highly recommended that you unplug all electronic devices from all wall electrical outlets in the event of a power surge when the electrical service is returned to your unit. This precautionary measure will help prevent damage to electronic devices, their components, and the loss of documents, programs and data.
• During the emergency power testing no A/C will be available. Please be aware of temperatures for any pets you may have and their safety. • The elevators will be tested from 11:00am to 12:00noon and there will be no service during this period. During the course of the testing period, elevator service may be periodically interrupted. Please be patient as they will return to service.
• Please be aware, the alarms are very loud and will disturb infants and small children, and the sound annoys some animals. Please plan accordingly.
• Please be aware, because the Los Angeles Fire Department’s “Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment – is mandated by law, no exceptions can be made to accommodate any special schedules, situations and/or circumstances. Items to be tested:
• Fire pumps
• Fire alarms, strobes lights, smoke detectors, fire alarm pull stations • Fire sprinkler water flow alarms
• Fire sprinkler valve tamper switches
• Emergency generator power, automatic transfer switches • Garage roll down gates, elevator landing fire doors
• Stairwell pressurization fans, mechanical smoke removal fans • Fire control panel, firemen’s communication system
• Public address system
• Central monitoring station • Automatic elevator recall Please plan your day accordingly, and thank you for your future cooperation during the Los Angeles Fire Department Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment.
If you need special assistance or accommodations, please feel free to contact us at LumaFrontDeskStaff@actionlife.com or call us at (213) 742-0387.
Dear Luma Residents,
Surfer TACO Food Truck, a highly desirable and well-known Gourmet Food truck, is confirmed and excited to be parked directly behind AVEN on Margo St. on Tuesday 9/22/2020 from 5-9pm!
PLACING ORDERS :
TYPE OF CUISINE: MEXICAN GOURMET
The Surfer Taco has served fresh and authentic Mexican street cuisine all throughout the Los Angeles area for several years now. This radical food truck offers waves of flavor in the form of tortas, tacos, burritos, mulitas, tostadas, shrimp cocktails, huaraches, empanadas, and so much more. Everything is made fresh with the highest quality *real* ingredients- you will find zero lard, cans, or MSG on The Surfer Truck, no siree.
From the shrimp tacos with special sauce, Cubana torta with smoked ham to the crispy chicken taquitos, everything on the menu is served fast, fresh, and righteously tasty. The Surfer Taco also specializes in catering services for events of all types and sizes. Weddings, company picnics, birthdays, breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these beach eats will always satisfy your needs!
· Breakfast Torta – your choice of ham or chorizo with eggs, beans, mayonnaise, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and jalapenos served within a fresh roll.
· Lobster Burrito – juicy, buttery bites of lobster bustin’ out of a warm tortilla, along with beans, rice, pico de gallo, cabbage, cheese, and a drizzle of special sauce.
Dear Luma Homeowners,
The following message is from a Luma homeowner:
Rare opportunity to own an 8×10 storage unit in Luma. This is storage unit 15 and is in the basement level of Luma. Asking price is $40,000. If you’re interested please contact 512.993.6477 for additional details. Serious buyers only please. Thank you,
High Rise Building Fire Safety
California is currently dealing with deadly wildfires, and while the fires are fortunately not in our area, we’d like to provide useful safety reminders for High Rise Building Fire Safety:
- Know the Plan – Make sure you are familiar with Luma’s evacuation plan. Our safe refuge area (the location we would meet if an evacuation occurred) is the corner of 11th and Grand Ave. (by the Starbucks). Please make sure you are also familiar with the nearest stairwells in cases of emergencies.
- Stay Low – Smoke from a fire is toxic and deadly no matter what kind of structure you live in. Make sure to stay as low as possible and try to go under the smoke when evacuating.
- Seal Yourself in for Safety – If you can’t exit the building due to smoke or fire in the hallway, call the fire department to report your exact location and gather in a room with a window. Close all doors between you and the fire. Use duct tape or towels to create a seal around the door and over air vents in order to keep the smoke from coming in.
- Stay by the Window – If windows can be opened and you must have air, open the window. Break windows only as a last resort as they will become inoperable.
- Signal to firefighters – Wave a flashlight or light-colored cloth at the window to let the fire department know where you are located.
You can find more general information at (cut and paste): https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Staying-safe/Safety-in-living-and-entertainment-spaces/High-rise-buildings.
There are two notifications:
The first is for Sept. 17, 18, 21 and 22 from 5AM to 11:59PM at 1200 S. Hope St.
The second is for Sept. 24 from 7AM to 10PM at 1144 S. Hope St. There will be no parking on the East side of Hope St. between 11th and 12th St. for this day. Please see the attached flyer for details of the productions.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (213) 742-0387.