Community Updates for 4/8/2022
Posted By flanglois on April 8, 2022
Dear Luma Residents,
Window and Building Wash Coming April 11th
Window/building cleaning starts on the 11th of April. You should have received a notice and a schedule for your stack. The current schedule is also posted in the mailroom.
Public Hearing on 4/26/22 – 1130 S. Hope St., Hotel
Central LA Area Planning Commission – The proposed hotel project slated for the vacant lot on the south side of Luma will be on the agenda 4/26/22. The meeting agenda will be provided no later than 72 hours before the meeting at planning4la.org/hearings. Luma and Evo have filed an appeal to this project, additional details are in the attached flyer, more information to come as the date draws near. This meeting will be conducted entirely via Zoom.
Ways to Reduce Your Assessments
Over the next several weeks, we’ll be including this segment on ways you can reduce your assessments by making some small changes in your ‘normal’ routine. The Board’s objective is to educate everyone on these common-sense ideas and to hopefully reduce assessments, overall.
Fix all leaks:
- This is extremely important and can have a big impact on the overall assessments. Small household leaks can add up to gallons of water lost every day. If you are a tenant, report all leaks to the owner so they can arrange for timely repairs. On this website under the Document tab Luma’s vendor list is available to help you in making any repairs.
In the bathroom—where most of the water use inside a high-rise home takes place:
- Turn off the tap while shaving or brushing teeth.
- Showers use less water than baths, as long as you keep an eye on how long you’ve been lathering up.
In the kitchen—whip up a batch of big water savings:
- Plug the sink or use a wash basin if washing dishes by hand.
- Use your dishwasher—and when you do, make sure it’s fully loaded!
- Scrape your plate into the trash instead of rinsing it before loading it into the dishwasher.
- Add food wastes to trash instead of using the garbage disposal. This not only saves water but keeps your pipes clean. Note: in the near future Luma will have compost bins for residents to recycle their compostable waste.
In the laundry room—where you can be clean AND green:
- Wash only full loads of laundry or use the appropriate water level or load size selection on the washing machine.
- Set your washing machine to use cold water rather than hot or warm water to reduce natural gas consumption. This will reduce your monthly assessments and save the planet.
Smoking in the Building
Our rules and regulations restrict smoke or odors from infiltrating any area outside of your unit, where it can become a disturbance or annoyance to your neighbors. One way to eliminate this intrusion is to use a smoke filtration systems. Below are a couple links to get you started. Thank you for caring!
LA County Public Health Mask Advisory
Send Us a Selfie!
Thanks to all of you who’ve already sent us selfies! We encourage all homeowners and residents to send us a photo of yourself so we can upload it to the database. We can use this information for fast identification if necessary. Send your photo along with your name and unit number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you soon!
Thank you and enjoy the weekend!