- Welcome to Luma
Welcome to Luma
Dear Luma Residents,
The actual physical work on the lobby improvement project will start this July 9th with an estimated completion date of December 15th. During this period of time we ask that you use caution when traversing the lobby, mailroom, 1st floor parking structure, front entry, South alley, 1st floor elevator vestibule and basement elevator vestibule. There may be occasional extension cords, rough or uneven surfaces, dust and various construction type particulates in the construction zones. Again, we ask you use caution when in close proximity of these areas.
Please let Management know if you require any reasonable accommodations during this process. Nielsen Dye Design (design team) and their contractors will make all reasonable efforts to ensure ease of use of the lobby and other common areas but some inconveniences and/or delays are inevitable. We ask for your understanding and to certainly let us know if there are reasonable steps we can take to make this process easier for you and your guests. We have always been, and will always be, open to helpful suggestions.
The following is a brief list of work that will be accomplished:
• Lighting – Starting July 9th prep work to the ceiling to accommodate the weight of three custom chandeliers and 5 pendants will begin in the lobby. A soffit to accommodate matching blue accent light to replace the existing track lights will be installed. There are also three new chandeliers replacing the existing chandeliers in first floor elevators vestibule. The design team anticipates the installation of the chandeliers and pendants to occur around August/September. Most lighting work will be conducted between the hours of 9PM to 6AM to have as little inconvenience to everyone as possible.
• Wallpaper – The week of July 9th the mosaic tile will be removed and the wall prepped for commercial grade wallpaper. Minor prepping behind the front desk for the same wallpaper will also occur to ensure the wallpaper has a smooth and competent surface.
• Drywall – Starting July 16th drywall repair to the ceiling, mosaic tile removal and misc. locations throughout project area may require some attention. All repaired areas will receive initial white primer paint. Most drywall work will be conducted between the hours of 9PM to 6AM to have as little inconvenience to everyone as possible.
• Paint – Starting July 16th initial painting will take place. The early initial painting is being done to ceiling at this time to maintain reasonable appearance throughout this process. Final painting/touchup will be made near the end of the project. The walls may have unpainted areas until the final painting near the end of this project.
• Flooring – The entry lobby (except package room, fire control room and administration office), mailroom, 1st floor elevator vestibule and all three elevators will have a special manufactured Italian LEED certified tile flooring. The tile has already been ordered and should arrive from Italy by the end of July. Actual demolition for the old flooring and installation of the new tile will not be known until the tile arrives at Luma in satisfactory condition. There could also be a few unknowns that might affect the progression of this work as the old flooring is removed.
• Final Construction Work – In August/September the design team anticipates they will be able to hang the six chandeliers, five pendants, finish the painting, do any touchup, install the dividers and any other finishing touches that may be required.
• Furniture & LEED Certified Casement Drapery – Shortly after the Final Construction Work is completed; the furniture and drapery will be installed. Since some of the pieces are custom, their delivery date is not known, but we feel the entire project should easily be completed on or before December 15th. But keep your fingers crossed just to be on the safe side.
Note: Dates are approximate and subject to change for various unforeseen reasons. Every effort will be made to have this project completed on or before December 15th. As the project progresses the design team will provide pertinent updates.
Luma Homeowners Association
Dear Luma Residents,
On Monday, June 25th, there will be a planned power outage affecting Luma, Elleven and Evo. The reason for the outage is to allow Elleven and the DWP, to safely work on their new EV infrastructure. The time frame is 10am to 4pm. The power will be restored as soon as the work is finished.
As a precautionary measure, please backup all computers programs, documents and data, and shut-off all electronic devices (TV’s, computers, monitors, IPADS etc.). It’s highly recommended that you unplug all electronic devices from all electrical outlets in the event of a power surge at the time electrical service is returned to your unit. This precautionary measure will help prevent damage to electronic devices, their components, and the loss of documents, programs and data.
During the outage, there will be no power inside units and no running water. The 11th Street entrance gate will not operate. The 11th Street exit gate and the alley gate will both be operational. The common areas will be running on emergency power which means elevators may run slightly slower, there will be reduced lighting in the landings, and in the corridors, half of the garage lights will be functioning, stairwell lights will be operational, and the HOA office phone system will be working.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
The pool and pool deck are open at this time for usage.
Unfortunately we are having problems with the spa pump seal. We expect the spa to be available sometime tomorrow, Tuesday 6/12/2018 after a new seal is installed to factory specifications.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our Community.
For some of you, spending time on Luma’s roof watching the fireworks around the city has become a tradition on July 4th. The event has grown popular over the years and because of this, we’ve had to revisit the idea. What was once a small gathering of residents has turned out to be sizable group, raising safety and insurance concerns. The helicopter pad, equipment and the roof membrane were not designed for group activities. With this in mind and after thoughtful consideration, we’ll no longer open the roof to residents on July 4th. We appreciate your understanding and compliance this holiday, and we hope you’ll enjoy some of the other events happening in and around the area as an alternative. Thank you for your cooperation.
Grand Park + The Music Center’s 4th of July Block Party 2018
200 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Grand Park is the site of what is described as the “country’s largest free July 4th celebration.” The event begins at 3:00 pm and features a variety of family-friendly activities including picnicking, games, music, dancing, art-making, and of course an incredible firework show. Food trucks will be on hand as well. Fireworks begin at 9:00 pm.
Americafest at the Rose Bowl
1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103
The 91st annual Fourth of July celebration at the Rose Bowl offers an all-day 4th of July party, ending with one of the largest firework displays in Southern California. Music, food, and games for the kids will be happening outside of the stadium. Doors open at 5:30 pm, performances begin at 7:00 pm, and fireworks begin at 9:00 pm. Tickets are available online (general Admission is $15, children 5 and under are Free. Parking is $30).
4th of July Fireworks Celebration
Burton Chace Park
13650 Mindanao Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Families can celebrate 4th of July by the water in Marina del Rey. Make a day of it, enjoy picnics and walks, and then stay for the incredible fireworks show. Fireworks begin at 9:00 pm.
4th of July Community Festival and Fireworks Show
Exposition Park South Lawn
Exposition Park Dr. and Bill Robertson Lane, Los Angeles, CA
Exposition Park hosts a day of free family fun featuring live music, food, games, and activities for all. Entertainment begins at 12:00 pm, and fireworks begin at dusk (about 9:00 pm).
Los Angeles Dodgers Fourth of July
1000 Elysian Park Ave., Los Angeles, CA
Celebrate our country’s birthday by enjoying an all-time favorite pastime, watching a game of baseball. The game begins at 5:10 pm when the Dodgers will be playing against the Pirates. Fireworks follow the game. Tickets are available online.
Please see the following website for a complete listing.
Things to do in LA with kids