Reg. IV Testing Notice
Posted By flanglois on September 25, 2020
| REGULATION #4 TESTING Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 30 On Wednesday, September 30th, 2020, from 7:30am – 5:00pm, Gene Pira, Inc., in conjunction with LUMA HOA management and engineering team will be performing the Los Angeles Fire Department’s mandatory Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – “Testing of Fire Protection Equipment”. |
Again, this testing will commence Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 at 7:30am with no noise testing until 9:00am. After 9:00am “no noise period will end” testing that involves the sounding of alarms and/or announcements over the public address system will commence.
Please be advised:
• Testing the roll down gates (fire gates) on all parking levels between Elleven and Luma will begin at 10:00am and last until approximately 11:00am. The gates descend rapidly and will not stop once they begin. Please take extreme caution when in the vicinity of these gates as you can suffer serious bodily injury and/or death, and your vehicle will sustain severe damage if the gates drop while under them. Please abide by the instructions of testing personnel, who may be at the gate areas during the testing period and posted signs as well. Exercise extreme caution in the garage during the testing period. Please make note of the testing time for the gates.
• The emergency power system for the building will be tested at 11:00am causing a temporary interruption of electrical service to your unit. As a precautionary measure, please backup all computers programs, documents and data, and shut-off all electronic devices (TV’s, IPODS, IPADS, computers, monitors, etc.). It is highly recommended that you unplug all electronic devices from all wall electrical outlets in the event of a power surge when the electrical service is returned to your unit. This precautionary measure will help prevent damage to electronic devices, their components, and the loss of documents, programs and data.
• During the emergency power testing no A/C will be available. Please be aware of temperatures for any pets you may have and their safety. • The elevators will be tested from 11:00am to 12:00noon and there will be no service during this period. During the course of the testing period, elevator service may be periodically interrupted. Please be patient as they will return to service.
• Please be aware, the alarms are very loud and will disturb infants and small children, and the sound annoys some animals. Please plan accordingly.
• Please be aware, because the Los Angeles Fire Department’s “Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment – is mandated by law, no exceptions can be made to accommodate any special schedules, situations and/or circumstances. Items to be tested:
• Fire pumps
• Fire alarms, strobes lights, smoke detectors, fire alarm pull stations • Fire sprinkler water flow alarms
• Fire sprinkler valve tamper switches
• Emergency generator power, automatic transfer switches • Garage roll down gates, elevator landing fire doors
• Stairwell pressurization fans, mechanical smoke removal fans • Fire control panel, firemen’s communication system
• Public address system
• Central monitoring station • Automatic elevator recall Please plan your day accordingly, and thank you for your future cooperation during the Los Angeles Fire Department Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment.
If you need special assistance or accommodations, please feel free to contact us at LumaFrontDeskStaff@actionlife.com or call us at (213) 742-0387.