Getty Fire Freeway Closures
Posted By flanglois on October 28, 2019
Dear Luma Residents,
Please see the below, this is the latest on the Getty Fire, please be safe.
Sigalert Update: S/B 405 From 101 To Sunset will be closed – All S/B traffic will be diverted to 101 and EB/WB traffic from 101 closed to S/B 405. Unknown duration.
Topandga Canyon Blvd. (SR-27) is being closed from Mulholland Hwy to PCH for NON-RESIDENTS only. Please avoid the area
LADWP reports approx. 2,600 customers without power. LADWP will try to keep power in all non-evacuation areas that surround the impact zone.
The following update from the LAFD and CHP:
- Heavy Traffic in all areas West of 405 fwy down to Pico Blvd
- Tesmescal Canyon is the western border
- Sunset Blvd down to PCH
- Mulholland remains the north border
- 405 Fwy remains the east border
- Mulholland to the north
- Topanga Canyon to the west
- Sunset Blvd. to the south and Sullivan Fire Road to the east
- Westwood Recreation Center, 1350 South Sepulveda Blvd.
- Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Recreation Center, 14201 Huston St.
- Stoner Park Recreation Center, 1835 Stoner Ave
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center, 2551 Motor Ave
Evacuation Center for Animals
- West Valley Animal Shelter, 20655 Plummer St.
- West LA Animal Shelter, 11361 W. Pico Blvd.
Major Road Closures
- 405 Fwy South at Valley Vista
- Southbound Sepulveda Blvd. Exits from Valley Vista to Sunset
- Sepulveda Blvd. through Sepulveda Pass
- Palisades and University High Schools
- Emerson and Revere middle schools
- Brentwood, Brockton, Canyon, Community Magnet, Fairburn, Kentner, Marquez, Palisades, Roscomare, Nora Sterry, Topanga, Warner and Westwood elementary schools
- The Archer School
- Mt. Saint Mary’s College closed and evacuated
- All Santa Monica and Malibu schools closed
Brian K. Raboin
Regional Director for AUS
Greater Los Angeles