- Manager's Messages
- Regulation IV Testing Notice – Sept. 11th, 2018
Regulation IV Testing Notice – Sept. 11th, 2018
Posted By flanglois on August 31, 2018
REGULATION #4 TESTING Thursday, SEPTEMBER 11th
On Tuesday, September 11th, 2018, from 7:30am – 5:00pm, Gene Pira, Inc., in conjunction with LUMA HOA management and engineering team will be performing the Los Angeles Fire Department’s mandatory Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – “Testing of Fire Protection Equipment”.
Again this testing will commence Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 at 7:30am with no noise testing until 9:00am. After 9:00am “no noise period will end” testing that involves the sounding of alarms and/or announcements over the public address system will commence.
Please be advised:
• The emergency power system for the building will be tested at 11:00am causing a temporary interruption of electrical service to your unit. As a precautionary measure, please backup all computers programs, documents and data, and shut-off all electronic devices (TV’s, IPODS, IPADS, computers, monitors, etc.). It is highly recommended that you unplug all electronic devices from all wall electrical outlets in the event of a power surge when the electrical service is returned to your unit. This precautionary measure will help prevent damage to electronic devices, their components, and the loss of documents, programs and data.
• The elevators will be tested from 11:00am to 12:00noon and there will be no service during this period. During the course of the testing period, elevator service may be periodically interrupted. Please be patient as they will return to service.
• Please be aware, the alarms are very loud and will disturb infants and small children, and the sound annoys some animals. Please plan accordingly.
• Please be aware, because the Los Angeles Fire Department’s “Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment – is mandated by law, no exceptions can be made to accommodate any special schedules, situations and/or circumstances.
Items to be tested:
Please plan your day accordingly, and thank you for your future cooperation during the Los Angeles Fire Department Chief’s Regulation No. #4 – Testing of Fire Protection Equipment.