- Manager's Messages
- KITCHEN DRAIN CLEANING SCHEDULE
KITCHEN DRAIN CLEANING SCHEDULE
Posted By kdub on May 31, 2016
DEAR LUMA RESIDENTS,
This notice is to inform you of this requirement to enter your unit to maintain common area drain lines.
As part of our comprehensive preventive maintenance program, we will begin scheduled cleaning of the kitchen sink plumbing drain lines. The work will be performed by our Engineering staff. Scheduled units will be entered to gain access to the kitchen sink drain or for inspection purposes.
Please note the nature of this work requires our engineers to perform it in sequential order, thus we are unable to accommodate any requests to alter the schedule. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you, however, we feel strongly the benefits far outweigh any temporary inconveniences.
On Tuesday June 6, 2016 we will begin cleaning Stack 2 (units ending in 2). Upon completion of Stack 2, we will proceed north (toward 11th St.) to Stacks 4 through stack 16. As shown on the schedule, we will then begin with Stack 01 (facing the Terrace) and will continue moving north to complete Stacks 01, 03, 05, 07, 09, 1, 13 and 15. The final Stack to be cleaned is 15 on the northeast side of the building. The goal is to complete the entire building by July 20, 2016. Please keep in mind this is an approximate date of completion.
The attached schedule shows a layout of the above information. Please view this document to see the estimated date your drain lines will be cleaned. The last two digits of your unit number represent the Stack number (e.g. #1702 is in Stack 02 and #1316 is in Stack 16).
Please be advised that the dates of cleaning for each Stack may change due to unforeseen reasons, for your convenience, a daily schedule will be maintained on the bulletin board in the mailroom and will also be emailed with daily updates.
* Hours of operation are 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday thru Thursday. No work will be performed on Holidays.
* Please check daily for updates, as schedules may change.
* Please remove all items from under your kitchen sink so the Engineers have unobstructed access to your drain.
* Please safely secure all pets on the day that the Engineers will be entering your unit.
* Please always report anything unusual or out of the ordinary no matter how small or insignificant it appears. We want to minimize maintenance issues in a timely and efficient manner that benefits everyone that calls Luma home.
* Never pour grease down your drain. This is the main reason that we are having to perform this work. If grease never entered our drainage system, we could easily eliminate this process. Help us help you.
Should you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the HOA office at (213)742-0387.